My friend and colleague Kate from Health N Able Kinesiology put me onto this simple ‘mug cake recipe for one’ she found on The Roasted Root website, and I was keen to give it a try for a little afternoon treat.
I didn’t have the all the ingredients from the original version, so my version uses chopped cashews, mixed into the tasty banana, maple syrup, cinnamon and coconut flour mix.
The verdict? It was quick, easy and delicious!
Banana mug cake (paleo)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of coconut or nut milk (I used a blend of coconut and almond milk)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons maple syrup (you can use honey if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon raw cashews, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a microwave-safe mug and mix together until well-combined.
- Microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes.
(You may have to adjust the time to the power of your microwave, and you can always do a test run!)
- Allow cake to cool a little before enjoying, and serve warm!